General Rental Policy
- All drivers must present a valid driver’s license and credit card in their name at the time of the rental.
- Drivers must have a clean driving record.
- Only drivers listed on the Rental Agreement may operate a Carcade Rental vehicle.
- All drivers must be 21 years of age or older, but may be subject to an additional underage driver fee if under the age of 25.
- International driver’s licenses are NOT required. Clients from outside the Canada must present their driver’s license and a valid passport at the time of rental.
- Full insurance coverage is required on all our vehicles and must be verified prior to rental if additional coverage is declined. Some credit card companies may provide coverage, all information needs to be verified before the vehicle possession. Additional deposits and insurance coverage may be required on selected luxury and exotic vehicles.
- Carcade vehicles are not allowed to leave Canada.
- Smoking is not permitted inside our vehicles at any time and will result in a $250 to $1,000 cleaning fee.
$2 million liability insurance policy is included with all Carcade rentals. All approved drivers are covered by Carcade’s insurance policy.
Deposits are NOT required for Carcade rentals.
Minor dents, paint scratches, smoking fees, gas refill, and excess mileage are billed directly on the credit card you use to make the reservation. Property Damage Waiver and Tire Protection are available as options at an additional cost.
- Our website uses a secure and encrypted online booking system, you can make your reservation online, by calling or texting 514-893-1111, DM on Instagram @carcade.mtl or emailing us email@example.com
- Reserving a vehicle in advance requires 50% payment upfront with a credit card.
- We will confirm your reservation by email or telephone with a reservation number. Please contact us at least 48 hours in advance of your rental in the event you need to make changes to or cancel your reservation.
- The total amount indicated on your reservation invoice is an estimate of the anticipated charges that are due upon the return of the vehicle. This estimate excludes the following types of charges:
- Additional Coverages
- Federal and provincial Taxes
- Service fees
- Fuel charges
- Excess mileage charges
Late Returns, Cancellations & No Shows
- Returning a rental after the specified time results in an administrative fee plus prorated daily rate.
- Due to the high demand for our vehicles, Carcade requires a cancellation notice of at least 48 hours for a refund.
- Cancellations received less than 48 hours before the reserved rental time are subject to one full day rental charge plus all applicable taxes.
- There is no charge for cancellations received more than 48 hours before the reserved rental time.
- If you do not show up or show up late for your rental time you may be subject to up to one full day rental charge plus all applicable taxes.
- All rental rates are based on a 24-hour period; some Carcade vehicles are available at the minimum rental period of 4 hours.
- Hourly, daily, weekly and monthly rates vary by vehicle, by seasonal availability and are subject to change without notice.
- A set amount of mileage is included with your rental; excess mileage charges are billed at the rate specified on your rental agreement.
- We offer Property Damage Waiver that covers up to $3,500 of damages, and Tire Protection that covers cost of tire replacement, tow charges, and loss of rental time up to $1,000. Tire replacement can take up to 24 hours depending on the location of incident, traffic conditions, and availability.
- Your rental vehicle must be returned with the same level of fuel as when you received or you will be charged to refill the tank, an administrative fee may apply.
- Applicable local and airport taxes are also charged on your rental agreement.
- We offer a 30 minutes grace period to return your vehicle. If you exceed the rental period by more than 30 minutes, a per hour late fee charge will be applied for each hour the vehicle is late, and depending on the vehicle may result in an additional full day rental charge, administrative fees of up to 200$ will be applied.
- Additional equipment fees, cleaning and damage fees may apply.
- A valid credit card is required for all Carcade reservations, and upon rental of a vehicle a credit card authorization may be taken to cover the full amount of the anticipated rental charges for the expected rental term.
- The following cards are accepted:
- Master Card
- American Express (3% additional bank fee)
- A credit card authorization deposit amount will vary depending on the type and value of the vehicle. High-end luxury and exotic vehicles will understandably require a larger authorization amount.
- We do accept cash. But reserving a vehicle in advance requires full payment up front with a credit card, you can then pay with cash at the time of pickup and we’ll refund your original payment.
- If you have a long-term rental, or you have not returned your rental vehicle by the return date on the rental agreement, we may charge your credit card for a portion or the entire amount of the rental prior to your returning the vehicle to us.
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions supplement the Rental Agreement and together form the contractual agreement between all renters, authorized drivers, and Carcade Rentals. The term “Vehicle” means the rental vehicle. The term “Renter” means all renters and authorized drivers identified on the Rental Agreement.
Please read the following carefully prior to signing the Rental Agreement.
Section 1: Return, Repossession and Costs
The Vehicle is the property of Carcade Rentals. Renter agrees to return the Vehicle, together with all tires and equipment:
- In the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear excepted;
- To the location from where it was rented or other location as agreed upon in advance;
- On the due date and time specified on the Rental Agreement; or
- An earlier date if received authorization by Carcade upon notice.
Carcade may peacefully repossess the vehicle without demand or notice at any time if:
- The Vehicle is used in violation of the law.
- The Vehicle is used in violation of any term or condition of the Rental Agreement or Rental Jacket;
- The Vehicle is apparently abandoned;
- The Vehicle is illegally parked and/or subject to towing; or
- The Vehicle is not returned by the due date specified on the Rental Agreement.
The Renter is not Carcade agent for any purpose.
Renter is responsible for all reasonable costs arising from the Vehicle being (a) returned or left at any location other that the original renting location, or (b) seized by a governmental authority, if such seizure arises from the Renter’s conduct. These costs include parking charges, parking citations, towing, storage and impound fees. If the Vehicle is beyond 100 km of the renting location, the Renter is responsible for the cost of transporting the Vehicle to the renting location, including the costs of a driver, lodging, and meals. Renter is liable for all attorneys’ fees incurred in recovering the Vehicle, including from a governmental authority. Renter is liable for all parking or traffic violation fines incurred during the rental period, and authorizes Carcade to charge Renter’s credit card for such fines as well as up to $100 administration fee for each.
Section 2: Unauthorized Uses
Each Renter shall be fully responsible for all loss or damage to the Vehicle, regardless of fault or cause.
The acts and/or uses listed below are prohibited and violate the scope of permissive use of the Vehicle.
- Operation of the Vehicle by anyone who is not an authorized driver identified on the Rental Agreement;
- Use of the Vehicle for commercial hire;
- Use of the Vehicle for transporting hazardous or polluting materials.
- Providing false or fraudulent information to Carcade Rentals;
- Use of the Vehicle in a willful, wanton, or reckless manner;
- Use of the Vehicle in connection with conduct that can be charged as a felony;
- Use of the Vehicle in any speed test, contest or driver training activity;
- Use of the Vehicle to push or tow any vehicle or trailer;
- Operation of the Vehicle off-road or on any unpaved road;
- Operation of the Vehicle by someone under the influence of drugs or alcohol in violation of the vehicle codes and/or laws in the state in which the vehicle is driven;
- Operation of the Vehicle outside the province of Quebec unless consented to in writing by Carcade Rentals;
- Operation of the Vehicle outside the Canada;
- Driving the Vehicle without a valid driver’s license or with a license which has been suspended or revoked.
Section 3: Rental Charges
Renter will pay Carcade Rental on demand all incurred charges, including but not limited to: weekly, daily, hourly rental charges at the rate specified on the Rental Agreement; mileage charges; additional equipment charges; Property Damage Waiver; Tire Protection, refueling charges; airport surcharges; additional driver surcharges; and other fees and miscellaneous charges when applicable; province and federal sales taxes.
All charges that are unpaid at time of return of the Vehicle accrue interest at 18% per annum, compounded daily.
In the event any amount due under this Rental Agreement is billed to another person or organization, Renter shall remain jointly and severally liable for all such charges.
Section 4: Collision, Damage, Repair Costs, Theft
Please read this section carefully prior to rental.
$2 million liability insurance policy is included with all Carcade rentals. All approved drivers are covered by the Carcade insurance policy.
Renter is responsible for all damage or loss of the Vehicle, regardless of cause or fault, up to the Vehicle’s market value.
Renter is responsible for the cost of repair, up to the fair market value of the Vehicle, loss of use (measured by the daily rental rate), diminished value, towing, storage, impound fees, administrative fees, and all other related costs.
Renter’s own insurance or credit card company may cover all or part of the Renter’s financial responsibility for damages or loss to the Vehicle. Renter should check to find out about the scope of Renter’s coverage(s), and what deductible may apply.
Carcade insurance policy does not cover loss or damage due to theft or vandalism. Renter remains liable up to the full value of the Vehicle in event of theft or vandalism.
If the Vehicle is not returned to Carcade for any reason, including an alleged theft, Renter is fully responsible for the market value of the Vehicle to the full extent provided by law.
Section 5: Protecting the Vehicle
To protect the Vehicle from vandalism and theft, Renter agrees that Renter:
- Will close all windows, lock all doors and arm the Vehicle’s security system before leaving the Vehicle for any length of time.
- Will park the Vehicle in areas that are safe and secure.
- Will keep the Vehicle ignition key in Renter’s possession at all times.
- Will not leave the Vehicle ignition key in the ignition, interior door, or trunk when the Vehicle is not in use.
- Will not give the Vehicle ignition key to any parking valet attendant or other person who is not an authorized driver listed on the Rental Agreement.
- Will not make a copy of the Vehicle’s ignition key.
- Will park the Vehicle in a secure parking structure, garage, driveway, hotel parking lot or other secure parking lot and not park the Vehicle overnight on the street.
- Will not leave personal effects (e.g., cameras, camcorders, shopping bags, gifts) or valuables in the Vehicle so they are visible to the outside while the Vehicle is unoccupied or unattended.
Section 6: Mechanical Breakdown, Emergency Roadside Service
In case of fire or life threatening situations, please call 911 first.
In the event of a mechanical breakdown or malfunction, Renter will cease operation of the Vehicle at the first sign of trouble. In such an event, Renter will contact a Carcade concierge immediately. Renter will not authorize or attempt any repair(s) to the Vehicle without a Carcade concierge’s prior written approval. Renter is fully responsible for any unauthorized repair(s) and any damage caused thereby.
Any service to, or replacement of, a part or accessory on the Vehicle must have Carcade’s prior written approval.
If Renter smells oil, gasoline, or any kind of burning, Renter shall in a safe manner immediately stop the Vehicle and call Carcade for roadside service. A Carcade representative will come out and inspect the Vehicle to make arrangements for a replacement vehicle, if appropriate and available.
Section 7: Property Left in the Rental Vehicle
Carcade is not liable for loss or damage to any property left, stored or transported by Renter, whether or not said loss or damage was caused by or related to negligence of Carcade or Vehicle malfunction. Renter assumes all risk of such loss or damage and waives all claims against Carcade arising from such losses.
Section 8: Indemnification from Third Party Claims/Lawsuits
Renter agrees that Renter and Renter’s insurer shall defend and indemnify Carcade in connection with any and all injuries, damages, claims, lawsuits, attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses arising out of, or related to, the use and/or operation of the Vehicle.
Renter must immediately report to the police all accidents involving any bodily injury.
In the event of an accident causing any damage or bodily injury, Renter shall notify Carcade immediately after calling the appropriate emergency services, fill out Carcade’s Accident Report and set forth in writing a detailed explanation of how the accident happened and identify all witnesses. If this cannot be done in person, Renter will do so by phone, mail or email within 24 hours of the accident.
Carcade shall not be liable in whole or in part for any indirect, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, loss of time, income, lodging, personal expenses, loss of benefits, suffered or incurred by Renter or any third person relating to or arising out of the furnishing, performance, or use of the Vehicle, including mechanical breakdown or failure to honor a reservation.
Carcade does not indemnify or insure against any claim for bodily injury or property damage caused to third party. Renter is primarily liable for such claims under Canada or Quebec law.
Renter covenants and agrees Renter will hold harmless and indemnify Carcade Rentals, the Vehicle owner, lessor, and lienholder from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, attorney fees, costs or expenses of any kind that relate to, or arise from, any alleged negligent use or operation of the Vehicle during the terms of the rental.
Section 9: Notice About Your Financial Responsibility & Optional Additional Damage Waiver
Renter is responsible for all damage or loss to the Vehicle, even if caused by someone else or the cause is unknown. Renter is responsible for the cost of repairs (up to its full value), loss of use, diminished value, towing, storage and impound fees.
The Renter’s insurance, or the credit card used to pay for the rental transaction, may cover all or part of Renter’s financial responsibility for the Vehicle. Renter should check with the Renter’s insurance company, or credit card issuer, to find out about the coverage and the applicable deductible, if any, for which Renter may be liable.
If a credit card was used that provides coverage for potential liability, Renter should check with the card issuer to determine if the Renter’s personal insurance coverage limits must first be exhausted before the credit card coverage applies.
Carcade will not hold you responsible for damage, repair costs, or loss of use of the Vehicle if additional Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is purchased. Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) will be voided in the event any of the violations specified in Section 2: Unauthorized Uses & LDW Exclusions. Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) does not protect from liability due to theft or vandalism.